My approach is to focus on less than 5 sellers at any one time so that I can develop and execute a marketing plan to achieve results. I remind my sellers that it only takes one buyer and we have to be ready! Critical success factors for selling your home are:
- Thorough competitive market analysis to select a listing price that attracts buyers - Stage the house to ensure optimum presentation using client and REALTOR resources - Leverage network of local REALTOR®s with large pool of buyers by listing the property on the MLS - Drive buyer interest by using all the Internet channels available- over 16 sites including: REALTOR.COM, Trulia, Zillow and others as well as local newspaper advertising - Increase buyer showings by conducting regular Open Houses - Revisit data and marketing plan regularly and respond quickly to changing conditions, ie every two weeks in this changing market as every day matters - Ensure effective communications with your REALTOR®
I will assist you in many ways to bring value through the selling process. I will:
- Understand your specific needs - Communicate effectively and often - Advise and recommend based on your unique circumstances and needs - Perform a comprehensive competitive market analysis and recommend price range to list your property - Consult with your on preparing your property for showing and open houses - Updates and design - Repairs and maintenance - Staging - Help you get bids/contracts for major work (e.g. carpet or roof replacement, radon mitigation) - Direct you to qualified service providers as needed, e.g attorneys, home inspectors, lenders, construction and design, handymen - Develop and execute marketing/promotion plan to ensure greatest exposure to largest number of potential buyers
- MLS and beyond to many public websites - Yard Sign - Newspaper - Flyers - Open Houses
- Advise you on reviewing offers and formulating counteroffers - Help you develop your negotiation strategy - Manage the paperwork and ensure compliance to all rules and regulations governing real estate transaction - Keep track of details throughout the transaction – closing and beyond.
Seller Considerations/ Action Items
Perform thorough competitive analysis to determine list price
1. Analyze similar properties that have sold or are active on market
2. Factor in local market conditions and interest rates
Prepare property for showing
1. Clean everything!
2. Perform as much deferred repairs and maintenance as possible
3. Declutter , declutter, declutter
4. Stage as appropriate
1. MLS and beyond to all public internet sites
2. Broker sign/brochure
3. Newspaper advertising
4. Open Houses
Possession could happen quickly so have a plan!
1. Time needed to find housing and move all belongings from home
2. Special Inspections (e.g. home, insect, radon, septic)
3. Zoning, Covenants, Building Codes , Survey
1. Counter offers, remedy requests, other terms and conditions
1. Open all curtains and blinds.
2. Replace any burned out light bulbs and turn on all lights.
3. Clear all clutter everywhere but especially the kitchen and bathrooms.
4. Set the dining room or kitchen table if you have particularly nice linen or china.
5. Simmer a few drops of vanilla on the stove or if really ambitious make cookies or popcorn!
6. Put on soft music.
7. Burn wood in the fireplace on cold days, otherwise, clean the fireplace.
8. Put fresh towels in the bathroom.
9. Leave the house and allow your REALTOR® to represent the home.
10.Put pets in cages or take them with you.
Gloria Escarza, REALTOR®, Blank and McCune, The Real Estate Company 319-330-4683, firstname.lastname@example.org, 506 E. College St., Iowa City, IA 52240 Licensed to sell real estate in the State of Iowa.