My approach is to understand your needs and wants as a buyer and focus on what is most important. The choices and decision process can be extremely overwhelming. There are many individual considerations and options. At the same time, there is also a great deal of emotion. In my experience home buyers want to connect to a new space. That connection is very important! And to make things even more interesting, many times you don't know what you want until you see it or don't see it. Viewing many houses is the best way to compile a list that satisfies all the members of the household.
My buyers also want to be thorough and know they are making the right decision for their needs. They want to be smart about their negotiations so that they get the deal they want.
I will take all the time that is needed to ensure the process is fruitful and fun. It should be a very joyful experience when you find your home.
I will assist you in many ways to simplify and bring value through the
buying process. I will:
- Understand your specific needs thoroughly and
locate appropriate properties regardless of how who is representing the
property i.e. another agent
or owner, so you do not waste
- Refer you to local banks that can consult with you on mortgage options with you and pre-qualify your mortgage
- Preview and/or accompany you in property
Research properties and identify potential
problems or issues to consider and ways to mitigate
- Advise you in formulating your offer
Help you develop your negotiation strategy
- Provide a list of potential qualified service
providers such as inspectors, attorneys, lenders, construction and design,
repair and other related services as needed
Keep track of details throughout the transaction
– closing and beyond
Buyer Considerations/Action Items
Understand your drivers and needs.
1. What are your primary
objectives/motivators for buying a new home?
2. What are your top 5
wants/needs? (e.g. Neighborhood, Style,
Size, # BR/BA, Eat-in Kitchen, Walk-out, Other Amenities)
3. What are your top 5 DO NOT
Meet with a Bank or Mortgage Company and start
1. Compare alternative mortgage
loan options and know your buying power!
2. Understand all the costs of
buying including: down payment, interest rate, points and other closing
3. Obtain pre-approval letter
which includes mortgage amount eligibility/interest rate to accompany a future
Understand tax implications of home ownership
and rent vs. buy
1. Do you qualify for any special programs? e.g. Rural Development Loan, UniverCity housing, FHA, VA etc
2. Does it make sense to
continue to rent vs. own?
3. What is the tax benefit of
deducting interest, property tax?
4. Does it make sense to move to a different property when you have a small or no
1. Sales of current home. Do you have a house to sell before you can offer to buy?